Thursday 5 January 2012

Where it all comes from....



I’m guessing you’re thinking ‘why has she posted a pic of a bed?'


Well it’s my bed at home, you know home-home, like parents home. But it’s the first time I had felt brave enough to put my uni bed sheets onto my home bed with the cushions that I had bought at uni.

Ok so it’s been 6 months since I moved away after finishing uni but it still feels slightly wrong to be back here in Kent instead of Worcester.

And I cried when I saw the bedsheets that I had snuggled up in every night at university, placed on the bed I have at home. It made it feel real that the best three years of my life had come to an end. Mega sad face.

Honestly, if you’re reading this and thinking of going to university, DO IT.

You’ll meet people that you wouldn’t usually surround yourself with, you will experience so many different experiences and it’s just such amazing fun. I would do anything to re-live every day over and over again like Groundhog Day!


But now I'm looking towards the future and my career. I've always loved magazines, from the celeb gossip to all the new fashion items to the simple glossyness of the pages. Everything about magazines I love, and I love writing and reviewing, so it seems perfect that I want my career to head in that direction.

I wish I knew that 3 years ago so I could have done a degree in Journalism but oh well! I had an interview at MSN and the lady asked me why I hadn't done journalism if I was so passionate about it, and I simply answered that teachers had always told me my writing wasn't my strongest point. So I always thought I couldn't do it.


I've been at Closer Magazine three times now and I hope to go back whenever they need an extra pair of hands. But for now, this blog will be my own little magazine. Full of what I'd want to read. Celeb news, fashion, beauty products, you name it, I'll write it!


I hope you enjoy reading this as much I enjoy writing it.


So this is my bed, with my beautiful new red Jan Constantine cushion that I had as a Christmas present from my ex-boyfriend, and this is where most of these blogs will be coming from :)

No comments:

Post a Comment