Thursday 5 January 2012

Product Review- Une Skin-Glow Foundation

On a cold morning in Covent Garden when back at the Closeronline.co.uk desk last month, a very bored looking girl thrust about ten samples of Une Skin-Glow foundations into my hand before I got literally pushed out of the station.

Being late I just threw them into my bag and I have only just come across them again. My skin has been temperamental recently and I resemble a 14 year old kid with multiple breakouts over my forehead and on my temples, and I thought I’d try something different to my usual make-up routine.

On the back, the sample says that 98.2% of the total ingredients are from natural origin, with 17.1% of the total ingredients coming from Organic farming. I like the sound of this – a lot.






I tried this without priming beforehand for a truer feeling of how it sits on the skin, and I hastily opened the little sachet in shade G08 onto my face.

Quite liquidy in formula, this little moisturising beauty smoothed straight onto my face and wasn’t as orange as make-up samples usually are – hurrah!

The texture was odd at first and felt like I had smeared PVA glue on my face as it felt a bit tight and sticky, but after a few minutes it honestly felt as light as a feather. It has a nice dewy look so I skipped powder and even though the consistency was quite thin and runny it covered most of my imperfections.

The smell reminds me of Playdoh (yum!) and although I had never heard of the brand before, I am very tempted to treat myself to a big bottle of it when I get a bit more money in the bank! It feels natural and looks it too, and with only a miniscule 1.8% of the ingredients not coming from natural origin, this seems like a fantastic product to use daily.

Mark: 7/10


I actually love love love how so much of it is natural. The only downside was the sticky feeling it gave you straight after applying. Maybe not good to use if in a rush, but if you have the time then it really does give a great daytime look. Also, it might be a bit too light for night-time wear as I personally prefer a heavier foundation as I have constant breakouts that need covering, but that’s just my own opinion.


P.s Sorry there's no photo of it on my face, they all looked awful with my terrible skin, will add a picture again when I look more 'normal'!

No comments:

Post a Comment