Thursday 5 January 2012

Made in Chelsea boots?

Does anyone out there own the uber-gorge Topshop Allegra boots or similar chelsea boots?

I always thought Chelsea boots looked a bit masculine, but the Topshop beauties with a cute chunky heel are my ultimate perfect daytime boot!

I’ve kept my eye out on Ebay for months but no luck, and couldn’t justify £39.99 on StylistPick’s mega-heeled Violet boots that I would never be able to walk down the high street at midday in, and then I clicked onto Missguided the other day and saw their Odetta boots – errr hello shoe envy!

Their version is pretty close to the level of perfection found with the Topshop Allegras, and the leopard ponyskin looks adorable! Ok so maybe leopard print isn’t too ‘practical’ (as my mother would say) with my multi-coloured print wardrobe, but they would look oh-so-perfect on my feet.

The only thing that puts me off is the ponyskin effect. It’s always freaked me out for some reason, I think it’s because it really does make your feet look like you’re wearing two dead squirrels - and then I saw the plain black beauts.

Now I hate black leather shoes. I don’t know why but I’ve always just felt they resembled Clarks school shoes, so I always opt for black suede. I prefer the suede texture with tights, and feel like they don’t stand out too much against trousers and denim.

If anyone has the Topshop Allegras (I’m mega jealous of you!) or any of the versions of them like the ones on MissGuided or Chockers, please let me know I’m just undecided whether to treat myself.

I’ve just booked to go to Benicassim festival with a bit of sightseeing in Valencia and Barcelona, and I’m hoping to go travelling to Thailand in the Autumn so pennies need to be saved, but I honestly think I NEED these shoes in my life.

I recently bought some heeled black suede Victoriana-style lace up ankle boots from New Look that are in many ways the exact same shape and heel type as the Allegras so I’m unsure.

Will I need to wear boots for much longer? Will they last until 2012 A/W?

http://www.missguided.co.uk/odetta-leopard-ponyskin-chelsea-boots-6
http://www.missguided.co.uk/odetta-6

No comments:

Post a Comment